Flatten Fried Chicken

This is a recipe I came up with a few years ago. I got busy taking care of my kids after school and cleaning house that it got late and I still needed to feed everyone. I had chicken de-thawed in the refrigerator. I had to think of a fast way to get it cooked so that we could eat and get the kids ready for bad.
Frying is a fast way to cook meat but you risk the chance of it not cooking the whole way thru if it's too thick.
I took my chicken tender strips and smashed them down til they were about 1/2 inch high.

1 lb chicken breast tenderloins

2 cups Bread crumbs

2 tsp Garlic powder

2 tsp Onion Powder

2 tsp Italian Seasoning

2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese grated

2 eggs

2 Tbs water

Mix the bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder, seasoning and cheese in a bowl. Make sure the bowl is big enough to coat the chicken in. You can also put it in a bag if you would like.
Whisk the eggs and water in a bowl and set a side.
Flatten the chicken strips til the are evenly about 1/2 inch thick or less.
Soak the chicken strips in the egg wash. Then a few pieces at a time coated the chicken in the bread crumbs.
043.JPG
Heat your oil to fry the chicken. Make sure it's hot even before cooking the chicken so it isn't greasy. Cook the chicken on each side for a few minutes til the chicken is a nice golden brown color. Drain the chicken on a cooling rack or some paper towels.
Flattened Fried Chicken.jpg

Comments