Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

It's that time of year, when it's cold at night and hot during the day. At least that the weather here in Savannah. Everyone has the sniffles. The kids got sick first and almost over it. As for Derek and I, we just got sick. There is nothing like having hot chicken noodle soup when you are sick! My kids think it's a must. My daughter thinks my homemade chicken noodle soup if the best.

2 - 32 oz containers of Chicken Broth (I prefer Swanson Brand)

1 large chicken breast

6 oz of Wide Egg Noodles

2 tsp Italian seasoning

Salt and Pepper

Bake the chicken breast in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or til cook completely.  Dice chicken when it cool some.
Pour both containers in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and Italian seasoning. Allow the noodle to cook at almost done. Then lower the temperature to a simmer. Add the chicken. Allow the soup to cook until the noodle are done cooking.
015
The best part of make your chicken noodle soup at home is you can adjust how much noodles or chicken is in it. I made a chunky meaty soup this time. Next time I might need it to be more broth then anything else.

Comments