Pecan Pie

I didn't start liking pecans until recently. I don't know never cared for the taste. I really enjoy the taste of a pecan pie.
I honestly cheat the most on baking when it comes to pies. I think it's more because I tend to make pies for others or events. So it's one of those things that I don't have to worry about the dish afterwards.

1 c Brown Sugar

3/4 c Corn Syrup

1/3 c Butter

1/2 tsp Salt

3 Eggs

1 1/2 c Halved Pecan

1 Frozen Deep Pie Crust

Mix all the ingredients except pecans and crust in a bowl. Make sure they are well mixed. Add the pecans. Pour Batter into frozen pie crust.
010.JPG
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center of pie is set at 350 degrees. Cover edge of pie crust with foil to help prevent any more browning to edges. And cook for about 15-20 minutes. Cool pie before placing in fridge. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
When making a pecan pie you don't want to under cook it because it will be running. In my oven I have to cook it for about an hour total. All ovens are different though.
Pecan Pie.jpg

Comments