Pizza Dough Recipe

I like this recipe for pizza dough. I can make 2 large pizza from one batch.

1 c warm water

2 1/4 tsp yeast

2 T Olive oil

1 T Honey

1 tsp salt

3 c Flour (might be 1/2 c more or less)

Even when I use active yeast I still like to start my yeast. Add yeast, warm water, honey and olive oil to a large bowl. Just it a quick stir and let sit for up to 10 minutes. The yeast will start to bubble up.
008.JPG
Add salt and flour. Mix some before starting to use the Kitchen Aid to knead the dough. I like to knead the dough for 10-15 minutes.
007
Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased ball with cover to let the dough rise. About 30 minute to an hour the dough should double in size.
011
Bake dough at 500 degrees for 12-18 minutes. I use a pizza stone.

Comments